Hello! My name is Amethysta Selina Herrick, and I am a transgender woman.
My work focuses on the origin and nature of identity, especially with regard to gender. All my writing, podcasts, and videos are currently available on Gender Identity Today – a web site I founded to discuss identity and gender freely.
I also give presentations around the science of sex and gender.
Why should you listen to me?
- Early education in biology, particularly genetics
- Received B.S. in chemistry – UC San Diego, 1993
- Received Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry – University of Georgia, 1998
- 25-year career in software as an engineer, architect, and manager
- Life-long learner with interest in psychology, philosophy, and sociology
My mission is simple: to teach both identity and gender are typical human pursuits – not restricted to the LGBTQ community, but ongoing processes every human must engage in.
If you’d like to support me in my work, a subscription to Gender Identity Today is the best way. It will support not only my writing, podcasts, and videos, but all contributors to Gender Identity Today as well. Thank you!